Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old
Capella Capella is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 2
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default Favorite Replacement Battery? - 04-07-2011, 07:54 PM

Hi fellow Mini 9 owners,

My battery has finally given out. Laptop is fine and happily works on wall-charge, but that drastically reduces its portability because I have to be sure there's an outlet free where I'm going. I see Dell only sells the 4-cell battery for $99, and that's awful steep for something with the old capacity, I was hoping they'd have something larger like an 8-cell (or that it would be cheaper for the 4-cell). So, what batteries have you gotten to replace your dead/dying one? Where did you order them from, and are replacements generally reliable over time? I've heard that the Betterpower ones work for a bit and then die off.
Reply With Quote
  (#2) Old
holmes4 holmes4 is offline
Administrator
 
holmes4's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,170
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Default 04-07-2011, 11:16 PM

I have a BetterPower battery I bought from MyDigitalDiscount.com and it still works fine a year or so later.


Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Reply With Quote
  (#3) Old
pirinto pirinto is offline
Junior Member
 
pirinto's Avatar
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Mar 2009
Lightbulb 05-21-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I have a BetterPower battery I bought from MyDigitalDiscount.com and it still works fine a year or so later.
Just visited the site MyDigitalDiscount.com and they were out of stock.
Better-Power 5200 mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Vostro A90 Netbooks | My Digital Discount

I saw this 4-cell battery on Ebay though:
4 CELL BATTERY F0R Dell Inspiron Mini 9 9N 910 UMPC | eBay

Anyone knows if they're crap or if they work ok? Thanks


Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04
Reply With Quote
  (#4) Old
lswartz lswartz is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 479
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Default 05-22-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirinto View Post
Just visited the site MyDigitalDiscount.com and they were out of stock.
That might be a good thing as they will be new vs. old stock. I'm still on the original battery after 2 years.


| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
Reply With Quote
  (#5) Old
pirinto pirinto is offline
Junior Member
 
pirinto's Avatar
 
Posts: 19
Join Date: Mar 2009
Question 05-22-2011, 08:35 AM

Quote:
I saw this 4-cell battery on Ebay though:
4 CELL BATTERY F0R Dell Inspiron Mini 9 9N 910 UMPC | eBay
No one here who knows about these 4-cell replica batteries? They look like a replica of the standard Mini9 battery. The one from digital discount is greater in weight size and I would buy one eventually when it's back in stock. But I need a regular one since the one I got with my Dell mini is starting to fail (discharges in 15 or so minutes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirinto View Post
Look at the screenshot below. It was kind of weird when I tried to order. Since I don't live in the US they'll charge me aprox. $30 for shipping. It wasn't added though on the subtotal(?)



Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
That might be a good thing as they will be new vs. old stock. I'm still on the original battery after 2 years.
Is your battery still working as it should?


Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04
Reply With Quote
  (#6) Old
holmes4 holmes4 is offline
Administrator
 
holmes4's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,170
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Default 05-22-2011, 03:14 PM

Both my original 4-cell and the BetterPower battery I have are still working fine.


Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
Reply With Quote
  (#7) Old
lswartz lswartz is offline
Senior Member
 
Posts: 479
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryland
Default 05-24-2011, 01:41 AM

My battery is working fine today. I hope to get 1 more year out of it & then everything beyond that I consider as a bonus.


| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
Reply With Quote
  (#8) Old
dkf747 dkf747 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WAS
Default 06-02-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirinto View Post
Just visited the site MyDigitalDiscount.com and they were out of stock.
Better-Power 5200 mAh Replacement Battery for Dell Inspiron Mini 9 and Vostro A90 Netbooks | My Digital Discount
Just went to that link and they say soon will be in stock again. Should I order now or wait? My battery still works, but for maybe half as long as it used to work.
Reply With Quote
  (#9) Old
Hank77 Hank77 is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2009
Default 06-03-2011, 03:46 PM

Just got this Dell branded replacement:

C901H New Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Netbook Battery Y635G - eBay (item 170643845242 end time Jun-19-11 06:29:37 PDT)

Came completely discharged, just plugged it in 15 minutes ago, waiting 12 hours to let it charge completely.

The original Dell battery probably only lasted me <2 years, and was showing signs of having issues just past a year. Pretty disappointing, when my macbook went for over 4 years on the original battery, with 2x - 3x more charge/discharge cycles.

Note: This is NOT me selling these batteries, first time I've bought from this seller, no affiliation whatsoever... just wanted to put that out there.
Reply With Quote
  (#10) Old
Eligos Eligos is offline
Senior Member
 
Eligos's Avatar
 
Posts: 262
Join Date: Jan 2009
Default 06-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank77 View Post
Just got this Dell branded replacement:

C901H New Dell Inspiron Mini 9 Netbook Battery Y635G - eBay (item 170643845242 end time Jun-19-11 06:29:37 PDT)

Came completely discharged, just plugged it in 15 minutes ago, waiting 12 hours to let it charge completely.

The original Dell battery probably only lasted me <2 years, and was showing signs of having issues just past a year. Pretty disappointing, when my macbook went for over 4 years on the original battery, with 2x - 3x more charge/discharge cycles.

Note: This is NOT me selling these batteries, first time I've bought from this seller, no affiliation whatsoever... just wanted to put that out there.
So, how is your battery holding up?


Dell Mini 9 : OS X 10.6.8 : BIOS A05
32GB STEC SSD : 2GB RAM
NBI Version : Latest
SpeedStep : [Enabled]
USB Legacy support : [Disabled]
Reply With Quote
Reply

« new member issues with runcore upgrade | Bluetooth cable pinout »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.