Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Touchkit / Touchscreen Dell Mini 9...I luv it more - 09-12-2010, 05:17 PM

I just wanted to share my experiences with the dell Mini 9 and my most recent upgrade to it. I bought it in Feb of 2009 and up till present time September 2010 I am still in love with it. The the use of an external HD, it does just about whatever I want to do with it, organize my life and play Warcraft at the same time. Recently, I purchased my HODA Touchkit Screen for it and have since been ecstatic about it. I am posting to see if any of you guys had similiar installation issues with it like I have?

1) When I received the kit, there were NO installation instructions with it. I had to go to the company's website AND Dell's website about how to take it apart and put it together.

2) The instructions were not clear HOW to connect the screen to the controller chip and I think I ended up connecting it upside down.

3) When I tried to thread the wiring to the different parts of the Dell Mini 9 motherboard, some of the wires got tangled up OR there was Direct Pressure of the palm rest onto the wires itself

this lead to plenty of frustration when the calibration did not work or the screen initially seemed like there it was not reacting to my touch. This lead to a novice like me having to take apart my netbook a total of 9 TIMES

I was ready to return it after the 6th time I disassembled it. I checked the forums and there was no help there. In due time I ultimately connected the screen properly to the controller, and as i was screwing the palmrest back on, I left out three screws so that i relieved what i thought was a pressure problem on the touchkit controller wires. It now works GREAT!!! I am a noob at this and if someone had a similiar issue like mine or can tell me what I did wrong the first 8 attempts then I would be much obliged. For now I am having fun with the Touchscreen

« Replacement Power Adapter | Hoda touch screen kit question »