Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default How to upgarde SSD(non-runcore) - Software migration - 04-19-2010, 04:18 PM

Hello, I just bought a 64GB Crucial half-mini PCI-E to upgrade my 8GB STEC in my VostroA90. I was trying to find the simplest, least time-consuming way to migrate my system to the new drive. I'm running nLited XP Pro. The tools I have at my disposal are:
a.) Vista PC and Laptop
b.) DVD drive(sorta) in a USB enclosure
c.) HDD drive in USB enclosure
d.) Several flash drives 1-8GB. NOTE: None of these drives allowed me to make them bootable to install XP, after numerous attempts(I ended up using the DVD drive). They are all of Kingston manuf and from Microcenter.
e.) Norton Ghost Disc(uninstalled)
Sorry if this is already posted but all I could find were guides to do this with Drives that had mini-usb ports on them(sigh!). With the recent liquidation of Crucial's SSD inventory, I think a lot of people will find this handy. Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Default 04-19-2010, 04:19 PM

Use Ghost to back up to the USB HDD. Install the new drive, boot Ghost from its recovery CD and then restore the image.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Intel Wireless 5350 Wifi/Wimax card and Dell Mini9 | Recommended 802.11n card for the DM9 »