Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 Upgrades (BT, 802.11n, WWAN) - 12-22-2008, 04:15 AM

Hey guys! My new Dell Mini 9 should be here any day now and I'm pretty excited to start playing with it. My main objective is to make this an OS X machine for surfing the web and carrying with me on some trips (much easier than bringing the MBP). So far I have ordered a 64GB Runcore drive and a 2GB RAM module for it. What I would like to do is add Bluetooth (Preferrably internal, but external is fine as long as it is small and OS X compatible), an 802.11n card (I have a Time Capsule at home), and possibly a WWAN card.

My major question revolves around which ones to buy for OS X compatibility? I'm not interested in running Windows or really even Ubuntu on it. Are these things difficult to install? The WWAN looks like it just requires a Mini-PCIe card and possibly some antennas installed. The 802.11n card looks like I can just swap the current card with the one for the Mac Pro. I appreciate your suggestions and feedback!
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Dell Mini 9 Upgrades (BT, 802.11n, WWAN) - 12-22-2008, 05:44 PM

Yet to see anyone work on a WWAN for OSX on the Mini. I don't think many of us have one at this point. There are a few posts about them in the OSX section of the forum, but no suggestions on what to get at this point, or what works.

The N wireless is a simple replacement as you stated. You may need to get the N patch for OSX, which allows you to use N, but this is pretty easy to get/apply.

The rest of the OSX install is pretty simple. Just poke around the OSX section.

« Portable USB Hard Drive Config | runcore or dell 32gb »