Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default 3rd party charger Dell Mini 9 - 12-04-2009, 01:52 PM

Hi, I just wanted to get an extra power adapter / charger for my DELL Mini9. The thing is that the sales rep from DELL told me it would be $108. That's quite a lot for the Mini9 in my opinion.

I wondered if there are any good 3rd party chargers for the Mini9.
I don't live in the US, I live in Sweden so there's another type of connector.

Here's the info on my charger

I suppose UK-chargers would do as well. I don't know about US chargers since they use a different voltage.
I saw on one thread in the forums about a Targus charger that could replace the original one. I don't know which model it is though.

I appreciate any help. Thanks

Here's a picture of the connector (It shouldn't differ between regions)

Mini 9 | LMDE | 16Gb Stock SSD | 2Gb RAM | BT | 1.3 Mp Webcam | BIOS A04
  (#2) Old
Default 12-04-2009, 01:59 PM

The Dell power adapter (it is not a "charger") is universal voltage. I have read that people have used adapters for an Acer Aspire with success, and there are third-party adapters as well. The important points are that the plug be the right size and the output be 19-21V for at least 30W.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 12-26-2009, 09:44 AM

I've successfully charged my Mini with HP's Notebook Power Adapters.

Dell Mini 901 | 16GB STEC SSD | 2 GB RAM | 1.3 MP Webcam | BIOS A04 | Snow Leopard 10.6.2
  (#4) Old
Default 01-02-2010, 07:58 AM

Virtually any third-party AC adapter is also going to have the same Input 100-240V & 50/60Hz as the Dell one, which means universal compatibility with the power lines everywhere on Earth. (Japanese 100V, Caribbean 110V, US 120V, Mexican 127V, Russian 220V, standard European 230V, old British 240V . . . most laptop/netbook AC adapters are designed to handle then all).

So, if you're buying an adapter that explicitly mentions that it works with the Dell Mini 9 in its description, and it covers the 100-240V range, then your only concerns will be the workmanship on the adapter itself, and the wall plug. The wall plug isn't a major problem; simple US or UK plug-to-Europlug adapters are trivially cheap.

For example, it looks like carries the UK version of the genuine Dell Mini 9 AC adapter (with the UK wall plug) for ₤10.99, and you can buy a UK-to-Europlug adapter for ₤0.99 at the same time.

3rd party, charger, europe, mini9

« pendrivelinux need wifi driver | WinXp and iTunes probs...upgrade ram? »