Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Adding WWAN - 12-14-2008, 06:33 PM

I am thinking about getting a mini from the outlet with a WWAN Card. Ideally, I would love to remove the ssd from my present mini, put the "old" ssd into the WWAN enabled mini and go to avoid reinstalling all my applications and copying data. I assume, however, that the ssd on the WWAN enabled mini has some software for the WWAN card and that I need some drivers for the WWAN card.

Can someone please tell me where I would find what I need to make my old ssd appropriate for the WWAN mini? I did some searching here and on the Dell site without success.

(#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default Re: Adding WWAN - 12-14-2008, 06:36 PM

SSD from non-WWAN Mini should work w/o modification in WWAN equipped Mini. You would just have to download the drivers/app for your Provider specific WWAN Mini-PCIe that you buy aftermarket and then install...

(#3) Old
Default Re: Adding WWAN - 12-16-2008, 10:50 PM

When you get the WWAN mini, look at the manufacturer of the board, or more likely the chips on the board. If you can see any part numbers, write those down. Then go searching for drivers for that chip/board/family of chips. You may get them from the vendor, or from some manufacturers website.

Dell Mini 9:Black:GelaSkin by Daim:32GB RunCore SSD:2GB RAM:Bluetoothell 1505 b/g/n

« Small request from a future mini owner | Is the G.Skill 2GB Ram the fastest for the Mini9? »