Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Touchscreens - 11-18-2009, 10:28 PM

Hi, just ordered a Dell Mini 9 with the intention of turning into a tablet, thanks to the inspiration Ive gotten off this forum.

Right, quick question now, Hoda offer lots of different touchscreens for different netbooks with a 8.9" screen. Would using one thats not branded for the Dell Mini 9 (for instance, if i got one thats meant to be used with the EEE 901), would that still work on the Dell? Just cause the ones made for the EEE 901 seem to be alot cheaper in the UK for some unapparent reason.

(#2) Old
Default 11-19-2009, 02:37 AM

the difference is the plug to the camera port. it is an unusual plug on the dell, and they have to get both a male to plug into the motherboard, and a female to plug the existing camera plug into.

if you are planning to solder the hub in, say to the wwan 36/38, then it doesn't matter which kit (as long as the aspect ratio of the screen is the same), it's a usb device.

I would pay the extra so you don't have to solder, but I like to leave mine unmodified, in case a warranty issue comes up.

« Will an upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 mess with my system? | Mini Pci-e to SATA USB Adapter »