Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Questions about WWAN cards - 10-18-2009, 05:03 PM

Reading about the broadcom hd card, depending on replies I get to questions about that, I might look to upgrade.

However I still need to be able to connect to wireless networks, and I wouldn't want to lose that functionality. I couldn't sacrifice that to get the broadcom card.

I do have a mini with a wwan slot fitted (it was a UK vodaphone model that has had the card taken out of it, but the leads are still there and everything is ready for a wwan card to be popped back in).

My question is (sorry for being such a newbie about this) are there any wwan cards that have wireless built in as well? Does the 'official' Dell Mini 9 wwan card (whatever that is; I mean, whatever part dell shipped in the wwan enabled models) have that functionality?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Black Mini 9: 64Gb Runcore SSD, Windows XP Home, 2Gb RAM, 1.3MP webcam, Bluetooth
  (#2) Old
Default 10-19-2009, 12:44 AM

I'm not aware of any cards which support both WWAN and wireless a/b/g/ or N wireless protocols. Your best option if you wanted the use of this slot would be to simply use a USB enabled WWAN card.

« 64-bit? | should I buy a replacement battery now...for the future? »