Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Cool Custom cooler mat for your epic RAM heat :) - 10-09-2009, 03:30 AM

Ok, this is a little unrelated, but ive noticed my mini 9 sets my legs on fire every time i play DOTA so i decided i need a cooler mat. But being me, I decided to make my own instead of buying one

I used an old 1st generation PS2 that i had broken earlier by shorting something in a lighting mod.

Stripped all the internals but left in all the sockets and the motherboard so its massively light, but looks like a normal PS2

Cut a hole in the top and moved the fan there

Soldered it to the two USB pins on the motherboard

Stick some LEDs behind the fan

Put it all back together minus the heavy heat sink and those massive capacitor looking things

Your finished!

Ill upload some pictures soon

It looks like a perfectly normal PS2 but the fan is on top instead of on the side

At least its fun to confuse your friends at a LAN as you cool your RAM while they think your a console tard

As I said, pictures soon so look here often

Mini 9, Obsidian Black, 2g RAM, 16g SSD, 1.3MP, BT, WLAN, Windows Seven Ultimate 32bit build 7600
  (#2) Old
Default 10-11-2009, 08:45 PM

Lol, I might need to find a broken ps2 now. I'll be interested to see this thing. Maybe the slim version would work.
Personally, I just put my neopreme case under it when I use it on my lap. Although it does let off an odd smell (still brand new case), it works fairly well and helps me not loose the case O_o

« The hard drive experiment begins. | questions about LCD ribbon »