Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default mini 9 PP39S standard battery replacement. - 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM

Hi I bought a replacement batttery on ebay for my mini 9 model number PP39S but unfortunately it wont charge. The battery is a non dell chinese replica.

What is the exact battery I need? All I want is to replace the standard battery and have it charge when I plug it in.

I searched for an email link on the dell site to contact them directly on their site but it seems the service tag is not supported via email. I found this, do you think it would be compatible:

DELL Battery : Primary 4-cell 32W/HR LI-ION (Kit) : Laptop Accessories | Dell Ireland

thanks for any info,
  (#2) Old
Expert Member
Question 10-12-2009, 12:33 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you can PROBABLY trust a battery sold by the ACTUAL company and listed for your specific product model.

Because if you CAN'T, we're all in big, big trouble.

Inspiron Duo: Win7 Pro 32-Bit, Intel 6200 Wifi Upgrade
Former Inspiron Mini 9 Owner, Modder, Enthusiast
  (#3) Old
Default 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM

Much Kudos to Dell here for their solution.

Turns out this second hand machine was still under warranty which they honored no questions asked. Didnt even have to call - online support chat looked after everything. A repair technician was sent out to the house the following day with a new battery. That at least was compatible but it was still not charging it. So he came back the next day with a new motherboard. That totally sorted it.

Nice one Dell wasnt expecting that.

« Touchscreen Controller: Solderless Mod Heaven | Cooling fans... I found one! »