Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#21) Old
Default 02-21-2010, 08:03 PM

GMA booster makes a real world difference. we just purchased it today for a measly $2.00 and received keys right away.

I play a few minor games, and do a bit of photoshop. can say this; general browsing, viewing videos, java, flash and other apss area LOT faster than they were before.

There is an appreciable difference in general system performance across the board. 166Mhz (stock speed) is just not going to provide you with a decent system performance no matter what you are doing.

GMA booster will start with windows, just browse to the GMA folder, take the "400Mhz preset.exe" drag it into your startup folder and you are done. There's no other interaction involved.

For the last two months we run it for a week, when it stopped working, we just hit the download installed over the top of the old one and went on with our business.. a 2 minute ordeal. Downloading such a small file was not an issue, we figured the guy deserved the small donation for his work.. shoot we oculd have sent .50 cents and he would send a key.

so to sum it up.
A) It works ans shows real world gains (not just for gamin)
b) It will start with windows boot
c) it's dirt cheap/free
d) after 3 months no ill effects.

On a side note, with our Acer aspires, ram is dynamically allocated up to 256meg,. was under the assumption that the ram was locked down to a very small amount. I was wrong. The GMA will allocate system ram as needed, then return it when the graphic load drops.

GMA booster simply rocks, at least for us. Without it our netbooks would be painfully slow for everyday use.
Thanks Vladmir your efforts are appreciated by some.
  (#22) Old
Default 02-22-2010, 02:07 AM

LOL you only gave him 2 bucks?
  (#23) Old
Expert Member
Default 02-22-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Skyman6529 View Post
I … can say this; general browsing, viewing videos, java, flash and other apss area LOT faster than they were before.
Trouble is there is only anecdotal evidence like yours, i.e. "it works for me." If you read the actual specs for the chipsets you'll see that the speed its fixed and there aren't any performance tests which show an actual change with the software.

Since it isn't my money, feel free to spend it on snake oil, although if you're giving it away perhaps donating to a charity would be better

Mini1: Vostro A90, Black, 2G, 1.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 64G SuperTalent, OS X 10.6.4
Mini2: Mini9, Black, 2G, 0.3 Webcam, Bluetooth, 32G RunCore, OS X/Win 7, internal PCI-e SHDC Reader
Mini3: Mini10v. Black, 2G, Webcam, 640G HD, OS X 10.5.8/Win 7/Ubuntu [Hibernate w/NBI 0.8.3 RC4]
Dropbox Referral
  (#24) Old
Default 02-22-2010, 04:41 PM

I tried it yesterday - made no difference that I could see. The Windows Experience Index was unchanged.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#25) Old
Default 03-29-2010, 04:48 AM

the gmabooster web page is down. how are we supposed to make a donation to get a serial number?
  (#26) Old
Send a message via AIM to ssthormess Send a message via MSN to ssthormess Send a message via Yahoo to ssthormess Send a message via Skype™ to ssthormess
Default 03-29-2010, 09:19 AM

1 Post? Looks like someone want's two bucks

« Adding antenna to Tiny Wifi Card | Can you Re-use the Stock DELL STEC 4GB Mini PCIe SSD »