Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default 6 Cell Battery - 11-28-2008, 12:41 PM

Finding Battery Life the only serious failing with my Dell Mini, a 6 cell would just be the icing on the cake.

How do we go about trying to get a thrid party to manufacture a 6 cell battery or extended battery forthe Mini, since from what I can tell, Dell don't seem to have any plans in the immediate future to release one.

How many of us would be interested in this?

Vodafone Dell Mini, Black, Windows 7 , 2GB RAM, 32GB Runcore SSD, HSDPA modem, BT, 1.3 MP Webcam
  (#2) Old
Default Re: 6 Cell Battery - 11-28-2008, 01:22 PM

Coming from dell mini in french;
Did you see dell US site for buying additionnal battery for 130 USD ?
Otherwise, I did not found any substitute on another site according to special spec of Dell mini (slots)
But of course I'm open.

Otherwise, could you confirm if I can upgrade my 1GB RAM to 2Gb, with another spec as 533 Mghz ?

Greetings from France.

Mini 9 obsidian french version - 32 GB SSD Runcore - 16GB SDHC Transcend - XP Home - 2 GB RAM Transcend - BT - 1,3 MP webcam - 7,2 Mb 3G USB key - Microsoft 5000 BT mouse - A04 for 64 Wh battery
  (#3) Old
Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: 6 Cell Battery - 11-28-2008, 06:50 PM

Dell didn't seem to design the Mini9 with any intention of ever adding more cells to the battery. Can't go out the back with more cells, you wouldn't be able to open the screen, can't go up, you couldn't shut the screen. Can't go down, it wouldn't sit flat on the floor, and people already complain the screen doesn't tilt back far enough to see properly, so if the bigger battery is forcing the unit to lean forward...
I have seen eBay sales for external battery packs that will give the unit a recharge when it gets low.
Or like mentioned, buy a couple spare battery packs from Dell to swap out as needed. - Charging all of them can be a pain, I imagine.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#4) Old
Default Re: 6 Cell Battery - 11-28-2008, 11:11 PM

i would love a bigger battery. i agree with the above post that there is only one logical way to go with it... down. some people may not like that it changes the screan angle, and what i have to say to them is "dont by it!" i on the other hand I would not mind at all the screan being tilted from a bigger battery as the mini sits on my lap most of the time.

as for the extra regular battery... that would be nice as well as long as there was an external cradle type chrarger for it. then when one battery gets low just hybernate the mini and do the old swap-a-roo and your good to go!

white Mini 9 W/ 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam
  (#5) Old
Send a message via MSN to slatergs
Default Re: 6 Cell Battery - 12-01-2008, 02:16 PM

Larger batter would be nice, but I haven't had a problem with battery life. I can run mine 5-5.5 hours on low screen brightness and on max battery settings (also turning off BT) . I know that is not ideal for everyone, but for class notes and writing papers, it is perfect.

« Web Cam ???? | how to tell if it has blue tooth? »