Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Antenna Problems on Dell Wireless 1505 - 08-01-2009, 06:33 PM

So, based on the recommendations of others on this forum, I decided to buy the Dell Wireless 1505 to get wireless N on my Mini 9. It arrived yesterday, and when I went to install it, I noticed an issue. The card has three antenna connections, and the Mini 9 only has two antenna wires.

I tried every possible combination with the two wires on the three connectors, but am having connection issues. The computer shows full signal strength, but web pages will time out after working for a few minutes. In order to get it working again, I have to turn off the card and turn it back on. I think it is receiving data fine, which is why it shows a full signal, but sending is having issues due to one cable not being connected. If I put the laptop right next to my wireless router, it works amazingly well. Transfers run at 10 MB/s, but if I walk 10 feet away, they stop. The computer still thinks it is connected during that time though.

Did anyone else run into issues with there only being two antenna wires? And if so, what did you do to fix it?
  (#2) Old
Default 08-02-2009, 12:11 AM

Dell Mini 9 (96Gb) | White | SL 10.6.5 + Win7 Pro using EasyBCD 2.0 | 2G GSkill 667 RAM | No Webcam | BIOS A05 | 32G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | 32G SDHC (int w/ MR04 Card) | 1505 802.11n | Internal BT | Chrome Apple Logo
Dell Vostro A90 (96Gb) | SL 10.6.5 | 2G HyperX | 0.3Webcam | BIOS A04 | 64G Runcore SSD | 32G SDHC (ext) | and other stock features

« Intel Wifi Link 5300 + 3rd Antenna Mod | Acceptable Performance $200? »