Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades Discuss Dell Mini 9 Hardware and Upgrades.

(#1) Old
Default Sweet deal on ST FEM32GFDL and 2GB RAM... $92 shipped! - 07-07-2009, 08:25 AM

I hope this is kosher here... obviously I'm new. I was about to jump on the regular (old) Super Talent 32GB for my Mini 9 when I had a bout of indecision since some reviews said it was slow, googled for Super Talent versus Runcore, and ran across this forum and news of the newer, faster Super Talent SSDs. I just wanted to let everyone know that is interested in one of these SSDs, that I think I got a pretty sweet deal and it should be available until Thursday. I discovered all this through here except the coupon code, and thought I'd repay you guys with the tip towards the deal.

I went to SuperBiiz (also discovered through this forum) and saw a bundle listed on the FEM32GFDL page for the SSD and 2GB ST PC6400 stick for like $3 more than the SSD alone, free shipping. I used Liveā€”err, i mean Bing Cashback for a theoretical $6.60 savings (it's pending in my account), and SuperBiiz/eWiz 4th of July coupon code FIREWORKS15 (should be good through 7/9) for $15 off my $100+ order.

All in, that nets me both the new faster SSD and RAM upgrade for just under $92 shipped... less than $3 more than I was about to drop at Newegg for the old SSD alone.

Should get here by this weekend, so hopefully then I'll get some time to start the hackintosh project I intended when I bought the 9 a while back, and I'll definitely be around for more information on that end of things when I get to that point.

P.S. If Super Talent RAM isn't that great (I did not research it, just jumped on the deal) they have a Kingston ValueRam combo for just a little more, no HyperX that I saw though. If the ST RAM is a letdown, well, it was basically free anyway. And if you've already got the RAM, $89ish shipped for the SSD also seems like a sweet deal.
  (#2) Old
Default 07-07-2009, 01:22 PM

When I bought mine from eWiz/Superbiiz, they deposited the cashback right away. Great company to deal with, but their prices change very often. When I bought it, the cheapest way was to use to look it up and link it, then buy with cashback. Now it is much cheaper without Pricewatch. Good place to buy if you have time to make the deal as sweet as possible!

« Heatsink problem found while deep inside my Mini9 | Using Wifi Antenna for WWAN »