Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Sound Card Issues - Dell Mini 9 - 06-24-2009, 01:15 AM

I recently formatted my Dell Mini 9, so I could get rid of the Dell Bloatware crap, and upgrade from Windows XP Home to XP Pro.
I've installed the OS correctly, and have all the drivers installed correctly, but no sound.
I've gone through the CD that came with the laptop, as well as trying various drivers from both the Realtek website, and the Dell Website respectively.
If I look in the device manager it says that the device is installed and working correctly, however, if I go to Sound and Audio Devices through Control Panel it says that there is 'No Playback Device' or 'No Recording Device'.
If I open the Realtek HD Audio Manager from the Taskbar, go into the Audio I/O tab and click on a speaker, I can get sound (weird).
So basically I get the feeling that the sound card is installed and working fine, but Windows cannot map it as a working card for the system.
As you can imagine, this is a rather annoying issue as installing a sound card should be a relatively simple matter.

EDIT: Fixed. For some reason my Windows Audio service was disabled, my guess is a friend playing a practical joke.

« Bluetooth stoped working, OSX | bluetooth devices lose connection after xp shuts down and restart, any ideas? »