Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Unhappy Mini won't wake from sleep with USB Bluetooth connected - 06-21-2009, 02:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I have my mini9 running on OSX and it usually runs flawlessly. However, I bought a USB Bluetooth adapter on Amazon and after running BTon, i finally got it to work.. However, it will not wake from sleep with the usb bluetooth adapter plugged in... after opening the lid, the screen lights up but it's all black and nothing actually displays. If i disconnect the USB before sleeping, it will wake normally.

Can anyone confirm they have the same or similar issue or provide a possible solution?

Thanks in advance,

(#2) Old
Default 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM

I have the same issue with my mini 9 running osx. I don't have a bluetooth mouse just a regular usb, and if it's plugged in everything freezes if the system sleeps...
  (#3) Old
Default 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM

have you tried the patches for the built-in bluetooth? If you go to the Apple logo and click "about this mac" it should give you the vendor and product IDs. Then you can make sure OS X knows the product and vendor codes. They will likely need to be converted from hex to decimal. There is a good tutorial on this site that teaches you how to go in and update the IDs. I don't know if this works but let me know...

About halfway down the page there is the tutorial. But you will need to use the code for your particular bluetooth chip instead of the ones that come built into the machine. Good luck!
  (#4) Old
Default 07-28-2009, 07:38 PM

I am having this same problem as well, immediately after I installed a USB bluetooth cheapo unit I bought from Meritline or something, the mini refuses to wake up from sleep and is constantly freezing when I open the lid. Removing the USB bluetooth dongle has solved the problem. I don't really understand what dennisbaba is suggesting, but I shall try it. To other users: pls. report back if you were able to solve this problem or not using his method. TIA
  (#5) Old
Default 07-28-2009, 08:58 PM

Disable USB Legacy support in BIOS.

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB STEC SSD | 16GB RiData SDHC
Triple Boot: Windows 7 | OSX 10.6 | XP

bluetooth, osx, sleep, usb

« Bottom cover... | Resolution changes when windows start up? »