Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Unhappy HEAT/SLEEP - lack of sleep causes Mini 9 to ROAST in its sleeve - 06-06-2009, 02:16 PM

Thanks for your help.

Once in a while, after I close its lid, my Minibuntu 9 DOES NOT SLEEP. How do I know? When I pull it out of its neoprene sleeve the poor thing is HOTTER THAN HELL. Heat is bad for electronics, doh!

What do I do?

I could be cautious each time I pack up and hit the keyboard-combo to make it sleep. But hell, this is a netbook, and I just want to snap the lid down, pick it up go.

Should I call Dell? Is this problem grounds for sending it back to Dell to fix or exchange? It is a refurb and I have a full 1 year warranty.

I am running Ubuntu 8.04.1 and the latest BIOS A05.

(#2) Old
Default 06-08-2009, 07:40 AM

You have it set up so that closing the lid only shuts the display off, you need to go under one of the options (not sure which, maybe power) and tell it to go to sleep or hibernate when you close the lid (whichever you prefer)
  (#3) Old
Default 06-08-2009, 12:18 PM

Right click on the power manager icon (the little battery) and choose preferences. Then, click the On Battery tab and choose to suspend (or hibernate) when the lid is closed, as reberto said.

« chkdsk runs at every startup | Mini 9 issues »