Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default New Mini 9 Keyboard Issue - Fixable? - 05-22-2009, 04:02 AM

just got a 'previouly ordered new' mini 9 from dell for my aunt. whenever i press the o key, it types op. from what i can see, it happens on the way up, so if you hold down o, you'll get ooooooooo until you take your finger off the key, then the p will show up.

any ideas as to what the problem could be? is it something i may be able to fix myself, or am i gonna have to send it in?

thanks in advance.
  (#2) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 02:16 PM

The only thing I can suggest is to (CAREFULLY!) remove the keyboard ribbon cable (see the Dell documentation for disassembly instructions) and reinsert it. Dell may be willing to send you a replacement keyboard for a swap, since it is an easily replaceable part.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 05-22-2009, 05:40 PM

I had the number 8 key stuck on my keyboard. Dell suggested that I use some canned air to remove any debris that might have been lodged underneath the key. When that didn't work Dell ended up sending me a new keyboard. Keyboard came the next day and I replaced it.

« Mini USB Bluetooth not working | A90 hackintosh freezes after going to sleep »