Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 Webcam driver does not install on XP - 05-20-2009, 11:06 AM

I recently installed XP Pro SP3 on my Mini 9. I downloaded all the latest drivers from the Dell support site. All installed fine except the webcam driver (R193480). It runs, self extracts and starts to install but then bombs out with an error. I dont have the error to hand as I am at work. Anyone else had an issue with the Webcam driver and know of a fix? The Webcam is seen in Device Manager and worked fine under Ubuntu.
  (#2) Old
Default FIXED - Mini 9 Webcam driver not installing on XP - 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM

After a bit of playing around I have managed to fix this. This is how you do it.

1.. Install the driver R193480 as normal by running it. It will extract the files, try and install and then bomb out with an error.
2.. Go to CONTROL PANEL then to SYSTEM. Select the HARDWARE tab and click on DEVICE MANAGER.
3.. The Webcam should show up as a yellow bang. Right click on it and select PROPERTIES and then select the DRIVER tab.
4.. Click on UPDATE DRIVER and select the option 'No, not this time' and click NEXT
5.. On the next screen select 'Install from a list or specific locaction (Advanced)' and the click NEXT
6.. Tick the option 'Include this location in the search' and in the box below put C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R193480\CTDRIVER or you can browse to the location if you prefer.
7.. Click NEXT and the driver should install fine.

I installed the latest Skype and the camera worked fine. Hope this helps someone.
  (#3) Old
Default mine never bombed out - 06-03-2009, 04:34 AM

I have a similar problem, except my drivers appear to install fine, and some programs even recognize my camera (like skype)

Hoever, the DELL software package does NOT recognize the camera!

I originally got the mini with Ubuntu, but things were not working out, so i did a clean XP install and now have SP3 installed.

any ideas?

dell mini 9 webcam driver

« 3G WWAN card with OS X issue HELP! | OS Error Message SSD?? »