Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default OSX -> Win 7 Setting Active partitions - 05-10-2009, 05:10 PM

Posting this to help someone else out in case the run into it.

I've been trying OSX, Win 7 and Ubuntu on my mini 9.

I had just deleted OSX partition and use acronis to restore the Dell Diagnostics partition and Win 7. The problem. When I booted up the mini it would boot to the Diagnostics partition. This partition was set as active.

I tried booting into my DOS usb key and using Fdisk to set the NTFS partition as active. No luck. I could only set active partitions on the usb key (drive 1). Drive 2 was the Runcore 32gb disk.

I ended up making a bootable CD using the ISO of Win98 boot here:

Because it boots off a CD rather than a usb key, then I could set the NTFS partition Active using fdisk.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Default Re: OSX -> Win 7 Setting Active partitions - 05-10-2009, 05:29 PM ... ility.aspx

Mini SSDs ship with the Diagnostics partition as a hidden FAT16 partition. The utility above can be used to restore Dell Diagnostics v1351.0 utility onto the SSD by booting from USB flash drive and selecting option#4, then option#3 when prompted enabling boot option '0' to once again function allowing running diagnostics from SSD when selected...

Note: Restoring the Diagnostics partition using above tool will also erase any other OS on the SSD. Recommend you restore the utility partition prior to installing your OS!

« Thermal Pad + audio static | Is my SSD slower than it should be? »