Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Runcore shipped with free virus! - 05-06-2009, 09:35 PM

My biggest concern is that I have actually had another Runcore drive shipped from another seller (this time a 50mm PATA) which also shipped with the same Acronis image and hidden autorun.inf/trojan call.

I have a huge concern that a company would ship a drive (for that is what it is) with data on it as a point of principle. Surely you would ship a drive, and then give access to any appropriate or relevant data sources so a purchaser can chose the data on to put on it...

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black | A05 | Win7 / OS X 10.5.6 Dual Boot | DellEFI 1.1 | 2GB RAM | 64GB RunCore 70mm SSD | 4GB SDHC | Vodafone HSPA | 0.3mP webcam
Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black | as above except: XP Pro SP3 | 250GB USB HDD
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Runcore shipped with free virus! - 05-06-2009, 11:13 PM

I suggest you post this in the MyDigitalDiscount section of the forum. Even if you didn't buy from them, they move a lot of these drives and have a business interest in RunCore. You may get some answers.

It is also possible that your virus scanner is mistaken. It's been known to happen.

My own RunCore drive shipped before they started adding the Acronis package. However, I would have expected someone else to notice this given the number of drives used by folks in this forum, so I'm leaning towards it being a false positive. Note that the Acronis installer would not itself have an autorun.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« dell upgraded my ssd for free | Start up issues! »