Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Dec 2008
05-28-2009, 02:08 AM
I think I might have figured it out. This is what I did. It now works when in suspend mode and after power off/reset.
1. Uninstall all Intel software/drivers installed by the 4965AGN software.
2. Re-install Dell Wireless G card that came with your Mini 9
3. After windows loads, open control panel --> system --> hardware --> device manager --> network adapters and uninstall the current wireless adapter.
4. Turn off computer
5. Install Intel 4965AGN
6. When windows loads it will look for drivers. If you don't have any download them from Intel: Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters (Download zip packet of the drivers only). I think the latest is 12.x
7. Unzip them to a folder C:\Intel
8. Choose the folder with the INF from the Windows Device installer. (I choose NETW5x32, not sure if it makes a difference)
9. After windows installs the driver, you should be good to go.
10. Try a reboot, a suspend, etc.
I think the previous driver was interfering with the new driver. Windows might have been trying to use the old driver for the other card after suspend.
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.