Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Refurb not sitting level on table - 04-20-2009, 12:15 AM

I have two Mini 9 units I received from the outlet. Mine (previously ordered new) sits perfectly level on the table. But my wife's unit (refurbished) does not. The front left corner sits up off the table, so every time the left hand hits the palm rest it pushes down to rest on the table. I'm sure it is just a matter of loosening a few screws somewhere to undo the tweak in the case and the tightening them back up. Anybody have a suggestion on what to try to fix this? I'd hate to have to send it into Dell for this, seems like it should be a simple fix. And yes, all the rubber feet are intact on this unit.

My Mini9: Black/2GB Hyper-X/64GB STEC/1.3MP/BT/OSX&Win7&Ubuntu (via MBR)
Wife's Mini9: Black/2GB Stock/16GB STEC/1.3MP/BT/XP
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Refurb not sitting level on table - 04-21-2009, 02:15 PM

I don't know. There should be a full service manual on the Dell site, which will tell you how to disassemble the Mini. That info should help you determine which screws to try.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Refurb not sitting level on table - 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM

I had the exact same issue on my new (4 months old now) mini. It was so bad i wanted to send the mini back, but since there was no a single dead/stuck pixel on the screen and just everything else was perfect, I figured i could try to fix that myself. I entirely disasembled the mini (just the palm rest section) and put it back together, that fixed it.

« Could not install XP with Dell DVD drive | Problem with sporadic hard locks (related to JMicron?!) »