Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Webcam not detected issue on Mini 9 - Please help! - 04-17-2009, 06:15 AM

I have spent a long time looking for the solution on google, this site, and the dell site but I have not found anything that can help solve my problem.

I have a Mini 9 that originally came with Ubuntu. I erased the hard drive and installed xp pro - sp3. Everything worked great. After a few days though, the mini stooped detecting the webcam. Messenger and Webcam central would give errors that no camera was installed.

I tried everything I could thing off and could not get it to work. I broke down and resintalled windows again to see if something had happened with a program conflict or something, but even on a clean installation it does not detect it.

The camera does not appear in the device manager. I updated the bios from A00 to A04 hoping that somehow it was disabled in the bios, but that did not work.

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Webcam not detected issue on Mini 9 - Please help! - 04-22-2009, 04:55 AM

hmm..i dunno..if you have access to usb cd drive, try restoring ubuntu? if that doesnt work..then it's probably a hardware the cable/wiring got frayed or something inside :/

« Runcore 64GB Upgrade Problem | Dell mini 9 - little noise »