Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Boot Problem - 04-16-2009, 01:53 PM

For the record, I had this same problem on my Ubuntu 910 with 64 GB drive after about six weeks of regular use. Yesterday the machine crashed while I was surfing the web and then refused to boot off the SSD when I tried restarting it. I got the same network boot error as above:

Intel UNDI PXE-2.1 (build 082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8101E/8102E PCI-E Ethernet Controller v1.08 (080408)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM.
Operating System not found

and going into the BIOS the main screen said the HDD size was 0 MB. I did chat support last night, and the agent refused to help saying I needed to contact paid support (?). Today I called the 1-800 number above and the rep I spoke with said he'd send a box to have the drive replaced at the factory. Hopefully the new one will last longer than six weeks...
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Boot Problem - 04-17-2009, 04:51 AM

I am having the same issue with one of my 8GB SSDs. This happened right after trying FlashPoint. I've tried every utility I can imagine to fix this with no luck. How can software irreparably corrupt the SSD?

Mine: Black Mini 9 - 8GB STEC | 2GB RAM | 1.3 Cam | BT | 8GB SDHC | Carbon Fiber Skin
Hers: Black Mini 9 - 8GB STEC | 2GB RAM | 1.3 Cam | BT | 8GB SDHC
Test: Black Mini 9 - 16GB STEC | 1GB RAM | 16GB SDHC | OSX
  (#13) Old
Default 06-28-2009, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by Trapper View Post
Bestbuy currently has my mini and they have a replacement SSD on order. They will be installing the replacement. I suspect they will keep the defective SSD.
Trapper, how long did bestbuy have your mini before you got it back? I just sent mine in to them as well with the same problem.
  (#14) Old
Default 07-01-2009, 12:13 AM

Having the same issue with 32GB SSD.
Weird thing... it will boot sometimes.
If I hit 0 @ startup, boot to Dell Diag, the SSD shows up & test fine. Exit Diag & the drive now shows up in BIOS. XP will boot fine until next restart.

« DM9 VGA Out 1920x1080 | Clean XP install won't recognize bluetooth hardware »