Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: SSD Corrupting - 04-21-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by frustrated2009
My SSD was fine other than typical lag for 5 months and then this week all hell broke loose. First BSOD and then after a reinstall of xp a black screen 'operating system not found' error at boot up.

I ran the diagnostics before I reinstalled and everything passed other than it found some bad sectors.

If something happens once it may be a bad file but if it keeps happening it appears to be the disk itself,as I found out.

Dell should just ship every mini with 2 SSD's lol. To their credit it seems like they are very good about swapping out bad with good. My new SSD will hopefully be here by weeks end.
I have a similar problem. Dell is replacing the SSD.
  (#12) Old
Default 08-06-2009, 06:45 AM

Mmm... similar thing happened to me. Windows froze and refused to boot. Windows install disks refused to boot.

managed to boot some linux distros and installed moblin - that too refused to boot after installing.

Ran gparted, testdisk, and finally Dell's diagnostics program - definitely a hardware problem.

Sent an email to Dell and they are preparing to send me a new SSD. Hope the new one doesn't go belly up too. Although the whole process so far with Dell has been good.

« Wifi/BT shortcut doesn't work in Windows 7 | Runcore 32 gb ssd heat issues »