Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: Left it on all night... woops - 04-02-2009, 05:12 PM

Leaving the computer on for one day won't kill it. It's not a wise idea to use a laptop on all day (downloading bittorrents for example) but one day it's ok. Computers do switch off it the temp is too high.
  (#12) Old
Default Re: Left it on all night... woops - 04-03-2009, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by jb2590
i took the battery out oh mine the other day. so anyway was kinda wasted and just left my mini on all night running insomniax sitting on a chair with the lid closed, when i woke up it was making a funny sound so i opened it up set insomnia to sleep and the noise stopped so i woke it up and it was fine, so that was just the audio driver issue making the sound, the system was hot, but i am still running it i dont remember if i even had to reboot it now because i have been using it for hours. but keep in mind i had the battery removed and when i woke up and noticed it i blew some air in the vents to try to cool it a little. i am confident that the physical hardware can take the heat of casual use. im not sure about the battery though
I didn't know it could get that hot without a battery...

« Battery Upgrade | Random lockups with Crucial 2GB RAM »