Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default WLAN Card/Wifi (Airport) Undetected? - 03-21-2009, 10:38 PM

Okay so my dell mini finally came today, and I had sent it to my grandmas house as she is home most of the time and it had been safest for delivery.

I set up the computer that was preloaded with ubuntu, everything went smooth pretty much.

I was able to get a scrap of wifi from someone in the same apartment as her and then i lost it. i assumed it was just a lousy connection.

However after i got home and hackintoshed it, and the OS X install is great and working amazing.
HOWEVER, many times the wifi either turns off after about 5 minutes and clicking turn airport on does nothing, or even worse it doesnt work at the startup and said "No airport device detected"

Could i have a faulty wifi card? Dell will probably replace this, unless it is a software problem, i reinstalled OS X a couple times and theres no noticeable difference. I will try to install windows 7 later but i dont really want to. And yes ive tried to reinstall the dellefi and what not but to no avail.

Any Ideas?

Black Dell Mini 9, 2gb Ram, 32gb SSD, Bluetooth, 1.3MP Webcam, Touchscreen, USB Hub.

Waiting upgrades: Dual band 802.11n Wifi, 64gb RunCore SSD, GPS Hack, Internal and External SD card, Fingerprint Scanner.

« Another Video Problem | Issue Cloning Runcore ??? »