Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default WiFi slow, Broadcom, XP - 03-04-2009, 07:12 PM

When I run speedtest, I am only getting around 10mbit thru wifi, yet I get the full 20mbit when connected via ethernet. My other laptops get 20mbit wirelessly.

However when I put Windows 7 on my Mini 9, it reaches the full 20mbit through the Broadcom wireless G card that came installed in this machine. I put XP back on, and it slows down to 10mbit again. Therefore it is not a problem with the card or the router. I believe it must be a problem with the XP driver.

I downloaded and installed the version 5 driver that came from an HP website, and that did not help.

Has anyone noticed and solved this issue?
  (#2) Old
Default Re: WiFi slow, Broadcom, XP - 03-06-2009, 01:04 PM

I have certainly not noticed this. My internet connection is comparable to dialup speeds, so I have no idea what the throughput on mine would max out at. I certainly hope someone figures this out, though. Personally, I can't wait to leave this place and it's horrible internet connections.

« WLAN icons missing / can't congig wireless after XP reinstal | mini lights - both power and battery flashing »