Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default WLAN icons missing / can't congig wireless after XP reinstal - 03-03-2009, 02:16 AM

I just reinstalled Windows XP Home on my Mini 9, and it's been having some trouble. I opened the Recovery disk (using an ISO I burned to external media and Virtual Clone Drive to load it) then started going through the available drivers and such included (touchpad software, broadband access, graphics accelerator etc.) and after installing all drivers I saw that had "wireless", "broadband", or "WLAN" in their name and re starting the computer I still don't see the regular wireless configuration icons in the task bar including the Wireless Network Connection Status (computer terminal with waves / yellow circling dots / red "x" through the center) or the Dell Wireless WLAN Card Utility (4 bars of increasing height). How do I resolve this and figure out how to connect to my wireless network? Thanks!

(#2) Old
Default Re: WLAN icons missing / can't congig wireless after XP reinstal - 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM

First things first, is the device (or an unknown device) present in Device Manager? If Device Manager doesn't see it, you won't get it working.

Also, have you installed R192570.EXE - Wireless Select Switch?

« SM Bus Controller In Device Manager | WiFi slow, Broadcom, XP »