EDIT: I found support instructions on the DELL Support Home Page. If you have this type of problem, look up: The Dellâ„¢ Mini Laptop Does Not Complete POST. I'm going through the troubleshooting process and will post the results.
I've had my mini 9 working for about a month, now it can't even get to the motherboard boot screen (with the Dell logo and the option to enter setup/boot options). Is there anything I can do before sending it back to Dell? Here is a timeline of events:
1) windows locking up when I access my SDHC card
2) must remove SDHC card to boot into windows (win installed on SSD
3) Windows started locking up even without SDHC in the slot
4) Windows locked up and could not power off even when holding down power button. Had to remove battery to shut down.
5) turn on mini with both AC and battery, but now screen is totally blank. Power LED is lit so power is coming in. Tried with an external monitor to see if mini monitor is burnt out, external monitor does not work either.
6) Reinserted SSD
to see if there is a connection problem, still have same problem as 5.
Thanks for your help!
Mini 9, 8GB stock SSD
, 2GB Corsair RAM, aDATA 16GB SDHC (set as 2nd HDD), Win XP Home