Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#11) Old
Default Re: new mini freezes(windows xp) - 03-10-2009, 04:01 PM

well I know someone who has the very same problem with Ubuntu but he noticed that it seems related with wifi...

Sorry, English in not my first language :-\

Dell mini 9, runs on Ubuntu 8.10
(also owns an Aspire one, but well... :-)
  (#12) Old
Default *********HELP********Frustrating Freeze******* - 02-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Hi all, I am in the same boat! Anyone make any headway on this issue? I have the 16GB SSD hard drive and 2gb of RAM and am also having the freeze issue with XP Pro. I do know I only have about 17% space remaining-wondering if that could be the problem.

I've adjusted the page file and a setting in Mozilla as well as drive compression. Got better but still exists.

Yesterday seemed to be related to eBay. It was taking forever to load the page and all the stupid ads. When it finally does the speed seems ok. I tried both IE and Mozilla and it was the same issue. I am using DriveGleem to monitor the CPU and it freezes up as well. I've been using the machine for a class I am taking and I turn off the wireless and am not having any issues at all. I am only using 2 open windows, when I have a connection I typically have several windows open. I am also using Symantec antivirus.

Looking for suggestions!

« Mini 9 Eating SSD's | Wireless adapter keeps disappearing.... »