Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Decompression problem - 09-25-2008, 05:43 PM

Ok so i am a student and was at school and decided to do disk decompression. Well it was taking a while and i had to leave where i was, so i shut the lid and it didnt go into standby... i opened the lid and no screen came on. Soooo i had to hit the power button. Thats probably bad i'm guessing and i feel like i'm having more hangs than before. Should I re-compress the disk, then uncompress it again or what?? HELP!
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Decompression problem - 11-10-2008, 05:27 AM

to tell you the truth i was running disk compression when i first got mine since i went ahead and got the xp key from dell. but i noticed that it seemed to hang quiet a bit. i decided to try and uncompress the disks pace to see how that handled. and to tell you the truth it was maybe 8-16% compressed if that. and it runs a heck of a lot quicker. I would just spend an extra $20 and get an 8GB SDHC for file storage if i were you. for example running chrome and pidgin. if i got 2 new messages and i was scrolling down a page at the same time i would hang for 10-15 seconds. its stressing the CPU and the SSD too much with trying to read the compressed files.

« really low volume, even when on 100% | POST - Power On Self Test Messages at boot time?? »