Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Mouse Pointers - 10-16-2008, 03:10 PM

I've got a small but annoying problem with my pointers on the mini.

I have the Windows X-large system scheme selected and every few minutes the default arrow will change to a black pointer made up of two arrows pointing left and right with a square in the middle. It looks like some kind of multimedia icon and I can't figure out where it's coming from or how to get rid of it.

It's almost like it's popping up in place of the hourglass and stays for only a split second (so I can't get a screenshot).

Anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to get rid of it.

I've removed all of the crapware I can find but I'm wondering if it's somehow related.
  (#2) Old
Default Re: Mouse Pointers - 10-16-2008, 04:23 PM

you're using the scroll areas of the touchpad. the right hand edge acts as a vertical scroll wheel and the bottom edge acts as a horizontal scroll wheel. to exit that mode, just touch a different area of the touchpad (other than the right/bottom sides). you can turn the scroll areas off in the dell/synaptics touchpad software if you would like.
  (#3) Old
Default Re: Mouse Pointers - 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM

Thanks I hadn't thought of that and I do have scrolling set on "wide"so it makes sense except that it also occurs when I'm using my bluetooth mouse and not touching the pad.

I'll play around with the scroll settings and see if that helps.

« Bluetooth on generic Ubuntu 8.04.1 | Mini and Nokia PC Suite »