Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 battery not charging - 11-04-2014, 08:10 PM

I have two Dell Mini 9 netbooks. Both of them have BIOS version A04. One of them was recently downgraded from A05 to A04 in preparation for an installation of Mac OS X 10.6. I have tried two different chargers from two different models of computers to try to get the battery to charge. Simple put, the batteries on both refuse to power the computer on. In addition, swapping out the respective batteries on the computers doesn't seem to help either. I figure that something is badly wrong with the batteries or badly wrong with the computers internally. What is my best bet on getting these batteries to charge? I am due to receive a charger for this model of computer tomorrow via USPS and will test it to see if it will charge the batteries. I don't understand what's preventing these computers from working on battery mode. Please be advised that one of them doesn't have an SSD and the other has Windows XP installed.
  (#2) Old
Default 11-05-2014, 12:34 AM

At this point the batteries are likely to be six years old. If they went a long time without being charged, the cells may have "opened" so they won't charge. But what sometimes can work is to leave it on the charger for a full day or more. This can sometimes bring it back to life.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 05-11-2016, 12:09 AM

You can try freezing it to see if that will help regain some charge. There's a guide on the internet somewhere. I'll look for the link.

Update: Found it:

I've never personally tried freezing mine, but you never know.

Last edited by Muffin49; 05-11-2016 at 03:42 AM.

« Overheating unrelated to CPU | Tried Dell XP Reinstallation via USB but unsuccessful »