Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 keyboard problem - 11-03-2014, 03:07 AM

I am in the process of repairing a Dell Mini 9 netbook. Apparently the keyboard seems to be stuck, as every once in a while it will an "a" will appear where I am typing, even when I am not pressing the a key. I have removed the keyboard and reinserted it several times. I pressed and held "FN + B" and then inserted the power and booted. After doing this and then powering the computer back down, the computer is silent when booting up (before it would beep like crazy and get hung). It will boot to Windows XP, but I might have plans for it to do something else OS-wise. What else should I try to prevent it from displaying an "a" when I am not pressing the a key? Thanks in advance for your help!
  (#2) Old
Default 11-03-2014, 02:46 PM

I would very carefully check to make sure that the keyboard ribbon cable is seated squarely and completely in its connector. This connector is fragile so make sure you unlock it gently. If that doesn't help, the keyboard itself might be defective, in which case you could try a replacement. But otherwise I don't think there's anything you can do about it.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« KingSpec 64gb problem error format | "Read Error" on Dell Mini after Dell Logo. Dead SSD? »