Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Battery Failure Solved Maybe - 07-13-2013, 02:18 PM

Usage: It is on all day in the family room on AC power with the battery installed. Primarily used for email, news, weather & some surfing. It is on battery only for up to an hour at a time.

My power light & red-orange battery light started flashing again with power going to 0% quickly unplugged & 100% when it was plugged in. Then it continued to flash while plugged in. It booted fine without a battery, when I installed the battery it gave the unrecognized battery message F1 to continue. Various combinations of this worked 3 months ago when it did the same flashing.

The solution this time was to let it sit overnight & boot with the battery only the next morning. I let it set at 0% battery over 2 hours before it finally depleted the battery & shut down. It charged up OK without the flashing lights & has worked for 2 days.

I guess there is still some life for my Mini 9.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

« No external display @ boot or bios | Recover bricked/damaged BIOS with an external USB CD-ROM/DVD-ROM »