Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default 64Gb RunCore SSD - "AC013"? - 02-13-2013, 09:41 PM

I purchased a 64Gb RunCore Pro IV Light SSD, and have generally been happy with it, but there's something that's bugging me a little about it.

Everything I've read seems to imply I should be able to look up the firmware for the drive by just going into the hard drive properties in the Device Manager and checking out the Details tab. But instead of getting the typical 4-digit firmware version (2030, 1916, 1819, etc.) I'm getting "RUNCORE_SSD___________AC013___\34631313131313.... ..."

None of the Runcore documentation even talks about this situation, so I've got this itchy feeling down my back that this is a one-off product line that's been created and then abandoned. It seems to be working okay, but as they say, "So far so good" is just what the guy said after jumping off a 30-story building...for the first 29 stories!

Anyone know what's going on here?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM

I have the first model of 64GB RunCore SSD produced for the Mini 9 - it has never had a firmware update. Yours may not either. I would say leave it alone.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

firmware, runcore, ssd

« Brick dell mini 9 need help please | Crucial m4 mSATA SSD Compatible? »