Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Runcore 32gb failure, need help please - 12-13-2012, 11:36 AM

Hi there
My sister has a Dell Mini 9 which i upgraded to a 32gb Runcore HDD last year. It has been working fine but suddenly the HDD gave up on her and im taking a look at it. I have email Runcore a few times but to no avail. I thought i'd try here before i binned it.

I am at work at the moment and will post more details this evening as i cant remember what happens when the machine is turned on, i think it constantly reboots if i remember right.

So far i have tried hooking the drive up via USB to Windows and Mac machines. On the Windows machine it recognises a USB device but it doesnt display in Disk Management. If i go into Device Manager and go into properties of the 'USB Storage Device' i see some information about the Runcore drive which was encouraging.

The Mac goes abit further and sees the disk in Disk Utility, however it cannot format the drive, if i remember correctly it complains of being unable to format as something is active if i remember correctly. (I will confirm this tonight)

I dont use Linux so i have not tried this option yet.

I have read alot about SSD needing to be realined and data corrupted etc. There is a great blog post about the issue and how to fix STEC SSDs, i was hoping to find something similar for Runcores.

I'd really appreciate if people can recommend any ways i might be able to salvage the drive. I do not care about losing data.

I will update this thread tonight as i go through testing solutions.

(#2) Old
Default 12-13-2012, 09:11 PM

Just booted the machine up and i forgot its a hackintosh so i have an apple error screen and it doesnt get to login. It doesnt automatically reboot either, just sits there
  (#3) Old
Default 12-13-2012, 09:55 PM

Try Ubuntu before you install | Ubuntu

Take a look at Ubuntu 12.04 & see if your SSD is working OK. Make an Ubuntu bootable USB flash drive using the linked directions. If your SSD is working, you can format it & do clean OS install of your choice.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

« Runcore 64GB SSD freeze | Nonworking Drivers in XP »