Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Battery frustration - 10-08-2012, 05:04 AM

Hi, I have the original battery and purchased a 3rd party 3-cell battery and have been using them without issue. The 3rd party 3-cell went dead so I went ahead to purchase an original battery from ebay.

The funny thing is, I get disco LED trying to charge the new Dell battery and have tried flashing the firmware from A00 to A06 and they are all the same. So I thought the battery was faulty, I contacted the seller and got a replacement. Then, I still have the disco LED and battery not recognized error. I can still use the original battery that comes with the Mini9.

So what's the deal here? I have swapped the battery, they seems original with all the Dell logo and marking. Are they fake?! I can even use the 3rd party battery previously.

Any suggestion or tricks to try? I have of course tried the Fn+B key and all the available firmwares as stated.

Such a disappointment...

Dell Inspiron Mini 910 with Vostro A90 A06 BIOS, Kingston 2GB RAM, RunCore 64G-C SSD, SL 10.6.3, NBI 0.8.4 RC1, aboutthismac.pkg, AppleHDA+dsdt, PowerVoodoo

Last edited by whoelse; 10-08-2012 at 05:06 AM.

« Won't Boot with new SSD | sleep/standy - will not wake (!) »