Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default ssd wont load windows xp - 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM

my ssd died in my dell mini 9. i got a new 16gb one put it in, spent 50 on correct drivers and xp disk from dell. put windows in when it arrived today using my external cd/dvd drive........and nothing!! nothing but the flashing cursor.
i went into bios and tried to get it to start from usb , from removable devices and nothing again.
any ideas? if it wasnt for fact i just bought new battery and power cable and new table for it as well as money i spent on ssd and disks i would smash it to smitherines!!!
  (#2) Old
Default 01-25-2012, 08:38 PM

Don't bother with "removable devices" - that does nothing on the Mini 9 as far as I can tell. Are you saying it won't boot from USB? Does USB show up in the menu when you press 0 as soon as the Dell logo appears? Does your CD drive have external power? One common problem is that the USB ports on the Mini 9 don't supply enough power for CD/DVD drives. The drive will spin up but won't be recognized if not enough power.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 01-26-2012, 06:33 AM

hi, it is showng up in 0 menu but my cd/dvd drive runs from computer. no power cable came with it. i tried copying windows to my external hardrive and the message came up about no operating system then nothing.

« Won't boot from external CD drive | can't install Win7/XP it suddenly turns off !? »