Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default BiOS doesnt seem to recgonize SSD. - 01-02-2012, 09:48 PM

Iím trying to fix this for a friend. Upon the laptop arriving I was getting the no OS found black screen that seemed pretty popular on here. So I pop the back off and go to throw the drive in my eternal enclosure when I notice this new msata mpci-e thing. In my wisdom I assumed the hard drive was dead because in the bios next to the fixed hdd there was nothing. Simply blank. Making me to believe that the hard drive failed, and since I had no way to test the drive it was my only option. He ordered a new one after I did some quick research and we arrived at OCZ Nocti Series NOC-MSATA-30G mSATA 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) OCZ Nocti Series NOC-MSATA-30G mSATA 30GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD). (sorry i tried posting link.) Drive comes in the mail I throw it in pull up the bios and the same thing not reading any drive. So I donít panic I flash the bios to A06 thinking that would please the motherboard but to my dismay I got zilch. So I'm really back at square one here and was wondering that is the MOBO dead? Is this drive completely uncompatiable? I wish I found this site before I ordered the drive you guys seem to really have a good grasp on this.
  (#2) Old
Default 01-03-2012, 02:08 PM

You are correct, SATA will not work in the Mini 9 only a PATA one works. This is a good source, RunCore 16GB Pro IV Light 50MM PCI-e SSD for Dell Mini 9 Vostro A90 | My Digital Discount

They have 32GB & 64GB as well.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

« Mini 9 not recognizing SSD intermittently | DM9 - Capacity and Transparency »