Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Best BIOS for generic battery? - 12-14-2011, 04:37 AM

I seem to recall reading somewhere one of the previous bios releases worked better for generic batteries. That or I'm going crazy... I ask because I have a cheapo 8-cell I got off Amazon that does very well but charges VERY slow. Slow as in 1% after almost 2 hours. The battery actually will hold a decent charge though once it gets charged... I'm just curious if I should try yet another battery or attempt to downgrade the BIOS. By habit I upgraded this as soon as I saw it had A01 to the latest A07. I know the jack and all's fine since the original battery was completely dead (no shorts or anything) Any ideas, or should I just get myself another battery and hope for the best?
  (#2) Old
Default 12-14-2011, 11:19 AM

A04 seems to have a good reputation for generic batteries. It worked for mine.

Mini 9, PeppermintOS, 32GB Runcore SSD
  (#3) Old
Default 12-14-2011, 02:51 PM

I think the rule of thumb is the earlier the BIOS, the more compatible it's likely to be.

Black Mini 9: 64Gb Runcore SSD, Windows XP Home, 2Gb RAM, 1.3MP webcam, Bluetooth
  (#4) Old
Default 12-18-2011, 12:00 AM

A04 worked for my battery from MDD.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#5) Old
Default 12-22-2011, 05:34 AM

I just got around to downgrading the bios to A04. I haven't take the time to see what I've lost in the downgrade but hopefully I've gained the ability to fully charge :P Charging overnight to only find it at 55% is kind of annoying! That's the battery I got, which seems to do very well once it does charge -.-

-- edit --

OK, so I left it plugged in last night. It got from about 18% to 65%. After work it was up to 75% and said "plugged in, not charging". Reseating the plug fixed that, just wish it didn't require so much effort to get it fully charged... Oh well

Last edited by darrencax; 12-23-2011 at 03:22 AM.

« External hard drive interfaced to ssd slot | Mini 9 not recognizing SSD intermittently »