Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default How to I revert/downgrade BIOS? - 06-10-2011, 11:53 AM

I just bought a refurbished Dell 910 on ebay from When I say just, it did take a month to arrive, their delivery is pathetic. Anyway I got on with updating Windows, and the bios. So now low and behold the battery doesn't work anymore. The dreaded "Warning:The battery cannot be identified. This system will be unable to charge this battery. Strike F1 to continue" message.

I've contacted NCD, and they've basically told me it's my problem because I upgraded to the latest BIOS (A07). This is despite the fact that my understanding from reading threads here is it means they've given me an aftermarket battery, despite being a 'registered Dell partner'.

I've read through the threads, and I still can't figure out how I go about downgrading the BIOS to make the battery work again. Can anyone give me a few directions? (win xp)

Thanks, Caitlin

BTW - I love the form factor of this netbook, and it runs way better that the Asus T91 that recently died on me, so I really don't want to take up NCD's grudging offer of a refund.

Last edited by nettle; 06-10-2011 at 12:13 PM.
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator
Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 06-10-2011, 05:41 PM

Caitlin, read this thread...especially post number 5

how to downgrade BIOS

PS. Welcome to the forum....

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« Battery charge depleted? | STOP: c000007b error {Bad Image} »