Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default RunCore 16GB SSD problems - 05-26-2011, 04:57 PM

This mornig I fitted a brand new RunCore RCP-IV-M5016-MC as my existing 8GB STEC drive was causing a BSoD on boot up.

Fitted the drive, detected by BIOS straight away, and off install Win7 without issue, after installing all of the latest Windows updates I restarted my Mini9, only for the SSD to not be detected in the BIOS on startup.

I tried the RunCore SSD in the USB caddy supplied, and was able to read the drive again without issue.

Placing the SSD back into the Mini9 and still not being dectected, remounting or re-seating the SSD didn't make any difference.

I then resorted to refitting my orginal STEC drive, and it's detected immediately, so I then switched back to the RunCore SDD and restarted successfully.

So it would seem that my new 16GB RunCore is only be detected by my Mini9 BIOS, after immediately being fitted after the old STEC drive has been detected.

Anyone no is this is a Mini9 MB issue, as I have the fault with no longer being able to recharge the battery, unless I've shutdown the Mini9, or is it RMA time for my new RunCore, remembering the the drive stayed up and alive for other 3hrs whilst installing Win7 afresh and waiting for the latest windows updates ?

Any insight into my problem is greatly appreciated.
  (#2) Old
Default 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM

Same problem here...

I'd die to know the answer! :}

« Partial boot, then fail - ? hardware problem | OH oh...what did I do? »