Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default dell mini 9, 2 beeps, no boot, no screen - 04-30-2011, 09:57 AM

Hi my dell mini 9 wont start. Just get: beep, pause, beep. Nothing on the sceeen. Anyone anything similar?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Re-seating the ram fixed the 2 short beep error codes and no boots up. Happy with that.

However, another problem.

Just after POST is finished I get a long continuation of beeps..will just keep beeping pretty much the same as if one of the keys are sticking or something.

If I press space or enter a few times the beeps stop and can boot into windows7. There I notice I cant click on anything. e.g the start menu. It appears for a fraction of second then disappears ie the same as if I hit the escape key after clicking a menu.

Is there a diagnostics I could run to see if something is up with keyboard? If I open notepad no characters appear indicating one of the querty keys etc arent sticking.

thanks,
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default 04-30-2011, 01:31 PM

You could try reseating the keyboard ribbon cable. Be very careful - the latch mechanism on this is fragile.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 8.1

« media test failure! | Keyboard unresponsive »