Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Question Is this a Bios password protected issue or something else? - 02-27-2011, 08:11 PM

Last week I bought a Dell Mini 9 from a relative. She said that she put a password on it but forgot it. She said it worked when she last used it.

When I got home I tried a few of the passwords that she said it might be, but none worked. This is what happens when I turn the computer on: the Dell logo comes up for a minute then the screen goes black except for a little box that says "Enter Password". After 3 wrong tries it says "System Disabled" gives a series of numbers and also "Service Tag" and another series of numbers.

I then began to investigate online to see what type of password it was (I thought she was describing the Windows Admin password before I bought it). So what I want to know, is this a bios password, hdd password, or something else entirely? And is there anything I can do? I've read about people on ebay selling the bios password. Is there a way I can distinguish between the legitimate help and the frauds? Thanks.
  (#2) Old
Default 02-27-2011, 08:18 PM

It is either a BIOS password, HDD password or both. Typically if a HDD password is set it is the same as the BIOS password.

As for the eBay services, check the feedback. I have read positive comments from people here who have used these.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« Urgent Help Needed!!!! - Need Troubleshooting Help (mini 9 w/ xp) | No Operating System Found »