Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Installing new SSD - 01-28-2011, 01:21 AM

Had to purchase new ssd because when we opened up the computer the one we had looked like it had self destructed. Weird. Anyhow, when I called Dell to make purchase they said I would just put it in and then download the discs that came with the computer. I bought external dvd player and downloaded the discs - 1st - Reinstallation CD Recovery Media for Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Product Service Pack 3 - 2nd - Dell Drivers and Utilities For Reinstalling Dell Inspiron 910 Computer Software - 3rd - Dell Application for Reinstalling Dell Webcam. I retarted the computer and tried to access the internet and it is not working. When I do Network Diagnostics for Windows XP it says - Windows could not detect any wired or wireless network cards installed on your machine.
So when I go back to the Drivers and Utilities Disk I see that some of the items are chedks and others are not. If I click on one that it not checked it begins to install that item. My question (I know you are saying "FINALLY!!") - Do I need to click on every item listed under my system to install it on the hard drive? I started to do that but then figure if I am wrong I may have all these things on my disc that are not suppose to be there. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. And please answer in basic "computer dummy" terms!!!
  (#2) Old
Default 02-07-2011, 11:00 AM

you only need to install drivers for devices you have. you can check for any non functional devices my checking your device manager. right click my computer - properties select advanced tab. any device with an icon will show you what is not installed find the driver on your disk and simply install that driver.

« mini 9 very slow after 'cold' startup | Fem32gfdi »