Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 doesn't see ssd - ssd works in other computer - 01-20-2011, 11:38 PM

First, I want to say - you all in this forum have always been such a great help I can't tell you how many times you guys have saved my bacon so thanks for that.

Presently, I have a mini 9 w/OSX on a runcore 16gb ssd. It has worked great. Till about 2-3 weeks ago. The mini 9 on booting up - just stopped seeing the ssd.

Researching this in the forums, I have seen that it could be a bad ssd so I got a replacement. Then I installed OSX on it and even tried this new ssd in my other mac and it boots just fine

Installed it in the 9 and the mini still doesn't see it.

I then installed the original ssd from dell with ubuntu and that alway booted. Now the 9 also doesn't see that ssd as well.

If need be, I will replace the motherboard but can someone steer me to where I can find one. I have looked online, at a number of sites, including the dell site and have found nothing.

I am open to any ideas and/or suggestions. As always, I greatly appreciate whatever input that is given.

« ------>No Web Cam After XP Pro Install*****HELP**** | Diagnosing SSD problems (runcore) »