Dell Mini 9 Hardware Issues / Problems Inform everyone on any issues or problems with your Dell Mini 9 hardware.

(#1) Old
Default Screen resolution issue, tried all the help i found on this site too :o( - 01-18-2011, 06:46 PM

I bought a refurbed mini 9 running xp off and after starting it up, i noticed the resolution was a bit skee wiff (800x600)... so i go to change the resolution in display properties and there is no other option...

So after finding lots of help on this site, i follow the link to AsTray and tried that fix but no luck... i also found some other help but it meant typing/replacing code in the registry but that was a tad too far for what i can do (

So can anyone help at all?

Oh, im loving this tiny miracle of a laptop!! Cant wait to install OSX
  (#2) Old
Default 01-18-2011, 08:45 PM

BIOS A02 or later will solve the screen resolution issue and not require any other programs.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old
Default 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM

Thanks for the response... i tried installing that from the Dell website last night but the program it downloaded kept crashing
  (#4) Old
Default 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM

hmm and you downloaded the drivers for it?

i think the GMA950 chipset driver download can fix that.

because the default display is 1024x600.

i think when i got mines it had a broken install of vista i dont know what the person was doing but for every clean install i did for my laptops i had to download the chipset drivers for it to get the correct resolution

for my acer the clean resolution was 1024x768 but the correct and full resolution was 1200x800 and downloading the ati drivers was able to fix that.

im guessing since you bought it refurbished try and see if you have the chipset drivers/program by going to

control panel>intel(R) GMA driver for Mobile.

then on the left side of the window is display settings

you can change it through there...

edit: im sorry forgot the rest of the details
ok so if you dont have that go to the website and download the drivers and make sure you pick the one for windows xp im guessing 64bit version

dell mini 9|Windows xp home|1GB ram|bluetooth| dying to mod it!
acer ex4420|vista ult|8gb ram|

« Computer will not charge or draw any power | Touchpad Help? »